Skylight Installation Improves Daylighting in Architect’s Office Space.
Sink Combs Dethlefs is an architectural firm with offices in Denver, Chicago and Los Angeles. They are currently expanding the office space at their downtown Denver location. Part of that project includes a skylight installation to bring more natural daylight into the space.
What We Are Doing:
- Supply and install two CPI Daylighting single slope skylights.
- Our skylight installation includes providing perimeter curb support built on site. Approximate Curb Loads: Horz. 177 lbs, Vert. 296 lbs (213 lbs uplift) @ 2.0′ OC.
- The skylights have been ordered and we have cut the holes and built the curbs. The skylight installation will be completed after the new skylights are fabricated and shipped.
- The skylights arrived on site and the installation was completed on 8/24/14.
- 2 Units, CPI Daylighting Direct2Fab (D2F) 4″ TOPLITE single slope skylights. Width 6.00′, Length 8.00′. Pitch 18.43 degrees. 101 square feet. Quadwall glazing with flashing along the perimeter. Finish is: Cpicrf Premium Aama 2604.
- Direct2Fab is a fast delivery program for custom sized skylights from CPI Daylighting. Each D2F project moves directly from order entry to the fabrication floor— eliminating weeks of engineering and submittal time.
The New Skylight Installation Will:
- PROVIDE correct daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- REDUCE dependence on electric lighting—The owners will appreciate the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- INCREASE the facility’s property value.
- SUPPLY healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- REDUCE costs. No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- INCREASE efficiency. In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to boost productivity.