Ballroom Renovation Includes Pyramid Skylights for Healthy, Natural Daylighting.
Dedicated in September, 1953, the Glenn Miller Ballroom is ready for an update to transform it into a beautiful, modern and more efficient facility. The Ballroom is a part of the University Memorial Center at the University of Colorado.
It’s the heart of the UMC.
—Marco Dorado, a CU Student Government executive.
Bringing natural daylight into the facility with the installation of CPI Daylighting pyramid skylights is one part of the project.
What We Did:
- Working closely with the general contractor regarding scheduling, we supplied and installed two CPI pyramid skylights.
- Two 10′ x 10′ CPI Quadwall Direct2Fab (D2F) pyramid skylights.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- The pyramid skylights will bring healthy, natural daylight into the space with soft, translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.