Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
Town of Silverthorne Recreation Center Skylight Replacement
The Town of Silverthorne is located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, approximately 70 miles west of Denver at an elevation of 8,730 feet (a little more than 1.5 miles above sea level). The 65,000 square foot Recreation Center is open to both visitors and residents alike. Once you walk in you are greeted by a 21′ Octagonal Skylight in the main lobby. Two skylights illuminate the gymnasium and two skylights light up the swimming pool areas.
The recreational center had originally installed fiberglass skylights when the center was originally built. Within a few years they started experiencing problems with the skylights. They first noticed the light had turned yellow. This was making everyone feel unmotivated and nonproductive. Which is the opposite effect desired at a recreational center.
Upon closer inspection, it was discovered that the fiberglass was showing signs of fiber-blooming on the exterior. And peeling paint from the aluminum extrusions. Needless to say, problems with such a new skylight did not make them happy.
- Removed old fiberglass ridge skylights and performed a skylight replacement with new translucent, polycarbonate skylights manufactured by CPI Daylighting.
- These skylight replacements are designed for 80 psf snow load & calc’s.
- Nano-Cell Polycarbonate has no fibers, so no fiberblooming will occur.
- Dry glazed system with very little maintenance.
- Quadwall exterior glazing can be removed if exterior panels become damaged without opening up roof to interior.
- CPI Daylighting Quadwall STRUCTURAL POLYGON 21.00′ wide x 21.00′ Flat to flat..
- CPI Daylighting Quadwall MODIFIED FASTRAK RIDGE 10.25′ wide x 29.00.
- CPI Daylightong Quadwall MODIFIED FASTRAK RIDGE 9.75′ x 41′.
- The skylight replacement provides a delightful blue tint to the daylight that makes everything inside bright and cheery.
- The skylight replacement retains more heat inside the building. Reduces the load on the HVAC system in the winter.
- The visual look of the skylight replacement is more pleasing and gives the rec center a restored look.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- The owners love the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.