Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
Wyoming National Guard Joint Forces Readiness Center Polycarbonate Wall Lights Installation
The Wyoming Military Department opened its new Joint Forces Readiness Center to the public December 16th 2010.
The $40 million project, located at F.E. Warren Air Force Base, will serve as the new home for the Wyoming Military Department, the Wyoming Air National Guard and agencies such as the Wyoming Veterans Commission. New offices, classrooms, conference rooms, simulation/simulated weapons training areas, kitchen/cafe, and locker rooms are featured within the Joint Forces Readiness Center (JFRC ). The Field Maintenance Shop (FMS) houses military vehicle and equipment maintenance operations, office space and storage within its masonry structure.
The FMS building earned LEED® Silver Certification, and the JFRC has earned LEED® Gold Certification. Some sustainable features of this project include a horizontal geothermal system, extensive daylighting (including a translucent wall lights installation), construction waste recycling, water-efficient landscaping, lighting controls and enhanced commissioning.
Part of the new building is lit by natural daylighting in the form of a wall lights installation instead of skylights.
What We Did:
- Installed wall lights above access doors on schedule and within the expected time frame.
- (6) 4′ x 14′ CPI Daylighting QuadWall Lights.
- Provided bright, translucent light to the interior spaces that is also safe to the soldiers or public in case of explosions or terrorist attacks.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- The owners love the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.