Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
Replacing Failed Fiberglass Skylights with a Skylight Retrofit
Duke Energy Call Center
A very offensive smell was determined to be coming from failed fiberglass skylights. The building management installed an industrial exhaust fan in an attempt to remove the odors and the top floor of the Call Center was closed down to protect the health of the employees. Repairs were needed as soon as possible with little or no further disruption to the workforce.
- Working closely with management and CPI Daylighting, Skylight Specialists, Inc. installed a skylight retrofit as a very unique solution that met all the requirements—including some special challenges:
- Acquiring all necessary licenses and building permits.
- Keeping the structure open to the workforce.
- Keeping the workforce safe and at bay.
- Coordinating manufacture, delivery, and installation within the shortest time possible.
- The old skylight was removed in sections with a rubber membrane spanning the gap—maintaining a weather tight condition at all times—while the new skylight retrofit sections were installed.
The Fastrak pre-assembled panelized systems, including pre-constructed vertical walls, allowed for quick on site construction. Disruption to the building’s personnel was kept to a minimum.
This project was successfully completed within a three week time period.
- CPI Daylighting Quadwall Continuous Low Rise Barrel Vault Skylights, 2,3/4” thick panels.
- (2) 16’ x 136’ (Fastrak) skylights
- 1) 27’ x 127’ (KD) skylight.
- The completion of the skylight retrofit project within such a short time brought accolades from management, the contractor and the manufacturer. The resulting change in the buildings environment was remarkable!
- CPI Daylighting’s advanced translucent glazing technology ensured that the building envelope was covered by an insulated translucent panel system that provides unequaled durability and daylighting performance.
- Corrected the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space—the owners love the energy savings
- Provided the benefits of healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- Increased the facility’s property value
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity and reduce absenteeism.