Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
Controlling Glare and Utilizing Daylight with Wall Lights
How to provide a well-lit, productive working environment at the Battle Command Training Center – located at Fort Carson, CO – and still maintain a safe and secure environment for the soldiers.
This is the third training center (of its kind) constructed in the Army, it takes many years and a diverse team to make
— Matthew Ellis, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Tulsa District
What We Did:
- We worked with the architect to design wall lights and clerestories to bring bright, yet glare free, daylighting into all spaces of the building.
- By using preassembled polycarbonate panels from CPI Daylighting—with a layer of internal acrylic meeting codes for break-in and blast requirements—we are able to provide a layer of protection against intrusion and terrorist threats.
- Wall Lights using QUADWALL® Translucent Panel Model FE-4c. Rated for 5 minute forced entry resistance.
- Satisfies requirements for:
- CPI Daylighting’s advanced translucent glazing technology ensured that the building envelope was covered by an insulated translucent panel system that provides unequaled durability and daylighting performance, supplies all the daylight desired without glare and avoids unwanted solar heat gain.
- One of the design factors contributing to the Silver LEEDS rating earned at this facility.
- Correct daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space—increased energy savings.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.