How To Find An Expert Skylight Contractor To Repair Your Skylight
A homeowner in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL had a big skylight problem and wanted to find an expert skylight contractor. She built this dream home herself in 1985 on the shores of the Atlantic. The award-winning home has a ridge skylight that highlights the entry, main staircase and central common area of the home. The skylight, now over twenty years old needed some help. The glass had lost its seal and was fogged and unsightly. The problem was there was no one in her area that had the correct expertise to fix the skylights
- We had the homeowner send pictures and other data on her skylight.
- We evaluated her project and quoted her a preliminary price.
- Based upon the preliminary information she committed to a fee for the initial onsite inspection and evaluation.
- Our preliminary reports were accurate and we provided a contract for the same price. We measured all the glass while onsite during the preliminary site evaluation.
- We ultimately re-glazed the skylight, as the original framing was adequate and still had a decent life-span available.
- Safety glass that has reflective tint and insulated units with dual-seal technology.
- The skylight glass was replaced one at a time eliminating any exposure risk.
- The skylight was wet sealed, providing a long term leak proof condition.
- The owner was so satisfied that she had us return and take care of her atrium skylight and glass wall in her master bathroom at a later date.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- The owners love the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.