A DoubleTree by Hilton Skylight Inspection and Certification.
An onsite skylight survey and inspection was made on 6/13/2017 by Skylight Specialists, Inc., represented by Josh Hannon.
238’ x 71’ (nominal) – 500+ sections of glazing (glass, single slope, structural aluminum I-beam, 80’s era skylight).
- Glazing: Glass, tempered over tempered, clear, not fall protected.
- Structure: Adequate spacing and size structural aluminum frame.
- Anchors: Anchoring system is rusted and requires further discovery.
- Evaluation: Skylight gutter at wall leaks and is causing major rusting of the structural frame underneath. Three glass units are cracked and need replaced. Sealants are old and not properly applied and need replaced.
- Flashing: Access unavailable.
- Curb: Access unavailable.
- Rating: 4 of 10
- Expected Life Span: 5-10 years.
- Recommendation: Continued maintenance for 3-5 years – Replacement of system in 5-10 years.
Evaluation of The Skylight.
System from the 1980’s showing its age with common signs of failure. All of the sections of glazing show signs of at least minor moisture and/or history of moisture. Interior anchoring system shows signs of extensive rusting and related damage. Further inspection will be required.