An Embassy Suites by Hilton Skylight Inspection and Certification.
An onsite skylight survey and inspection was made on 5/12/2017 by Skylight Specialists, Inc., represented by Dan Packard.
Atrium skylights – Skylight Manufacturer: Unknown.
Four (4) 14’ x 60’ (nominal) glass, ridge, curb mount, original skylight.
- Glazing: Glass, heat strengthened over laminate, clear, dual glazed, fall protected.
- Structure: Failing—has risk of complete failure from curb or anchors being insufficient.
- Anchors: Anchors are insufficient.
- Curbs: Adequate height, however gutters are poorly designed and causing leaks and are of insufficient strength for the load.
- Flashing: Metal flashing has failed and is being patched with peel and stick metal backed tape.
- Evaluation: Failing skylight system at risk of total failure.
- Rating: 1 of 10
- Expected Life Span: 1-3 years.
- Recommendation: Replacement of skylights as soon as possible.