Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
Translucent Daylighting to be Used at Rocky Mountain Deaf School
Rocky Mountain Deaf School is a free public charter school in Jefferson County, CO, that offers a bilingual education for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students from preschool to the 12th grade. They teach both English and American Sign Language.
The design of the facility will accommodate technology appropriate for the education of the deaf and hard of hearing children, safe and efficient traffic flow, and energy efficient and green building technologies to achieve a LEED Gold certification.
This is the second school for the handicapped (keep in mind they may not call their kids handicapped and that’s okay!) that Skylight Specialists, Inc. has installed translucent daylighting. The other school is the Anchor Center For The Blind, where we installed CPI Daylighting Wall-Lights in 2009.
Construction Is Proceeding:
The mock-up has been delivered and installed. Field measurements have been completed.
The translucent daylighting wall-lights installation is complete!
What We Did:
- Provided a solution for getting translucent daylighting into interior spaces without having to use traditional skylights.
- Part of the supply and install bid was to provide a mock-up for the project. A mock-up is used by some architects and contractors for the purpose of providing a hands-on life size example, albeit a small section. The owner, contractor and sub-contractors can see the different details required to install the product. Everyone gets a chance to see the finished product prior to it being installed on the building.
You can fix it now on the drafting board with an eraser or you can fix it later on the construction site with a sledge hammer.
- CPI Daylighting Quadwall Wall Lights.
- Selecting an energy efficient Quadwall® system with higher light transmission allowed the architect to optimize energy cost and reduce the overall size of the glazed area, saving on capital costs.
- Natural daylight that is used in it’s best form, glare-free translucent daylighting.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- Healthy, natural light in the space with soft translucent daylighting and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In classroom environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase students performance.