MAGS BAR retrofit in a custom color.
We were contacted by a contractor in the Narragansett, RI area where they had a residential customer that had experienced long-term leaks from the custom glazing in the bathroom.
The skylight was in such bad shape that they removed and temporarily covered the opening to avoid any more damage to the interior. After discussing their options with us they were able to re-frame—replacing all the rotten lumber and insulation.
The owner also preferred a lighter color look to the exterior of the skylight which is easily solved by having the exterior beauty or snap caps custom matched to the paint on their home.
What We Are Doing:
- Remove the temporary cover and install MAGS BAR.
- Tie MAGS BAR into the roofing and siding utilizing copper flashing.
- Install contractor supplied glass.
- MAGS BAR custom glazing system by Skylight Specialists, Inc.
- Custom color snap cap—Platinum Gray by Benjamin Moore.
- Zinc coated copper flashing.
- Low E³ glass.