Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
A Translucent Canopy Shelters the New Drop-Off Area at the Front Door.
The Craig Hospital Addition and Renovation project aims to set the tone to unite the Craig ‘buildings’ into one ‘campus’. By closing down Clarkson Street, the project opens up the opportunity for a welcoming pedestrian plaza connecting the East and West building via a new vehicular drop-off at the front door.
What We Did:
- We supplied and installed a custom translucent canopy manufactured by CPI Daylighting. The translucent canopy will be installed over the new vehicular drop-off at the front door.
- One CPI Daylighting custom skin, single slope, translucent canopy. 15′ wide at the long end, 2′ wide at the small end and 72′ long on a 2:12 pitch.
- Glazing is 16mm Pentaglas® translucent panels with Nano-Cell® technology (cell sizes less than 0.18”).
- We worked closely with the general contractor to schedule our translucent canopy installation with the painting of the steel supports. Our crew moved in the next available workday and completed our part of the project in a timely manner.
- Provide shelter from the elements without creating a dark, closed feeling.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.