Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
A wild hail storm
The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo was hit by a wild hail storm on August 6, 2018 that injured 14 guests, killed two zoo birds and severely damaged an estimated 400 vehicles in the parking lot. Many of the animal exhibits have skylights, which were hit so hard by the hail that all received damage.
Phase 2 Skylight Retrofits
Phase 1 involved the installation of emergency covers for the damaged skylights. In Phase 2 we will be installing replacement unit skylights for multiple buildings.
- Bldg 05 – Thundergod Gift Shop 3 units
- Bldg 24 – Elephant Center 27 units
- Bldg 26 – Lion Holding 8 units
- Bldg 37 – Docent 4 Units
- Bldg 39 – Alligator 1 Unit
- Bldg 40 – Tree Kangaroo 2 Units
- Bldg 46 – Tiger Holding 4 Units
- Bldg 49 – Leopard Holding 3 Units
- Bldg 57 – Lodge at Moose Lake Velux VSS S01 5 units
- Bldg 65 – Chicken Barn Velux VS C04 2 units
- Bldg 88 – Wallaby 3 units
- Bldg 94 – Vet Clinic 1 unit
Amur Tiger Viewing Window
Another casualty of the violent hail storm was the viewing window for the zoo’s amur tiger exhibit.
Removing the broken glass.
Installing the new glass unit.
The new glass is 94″ diameter and 1 1/2″ thick overall. It is composed of 3 layers of 1/2″ tempered glass with an .060 PBS inner layer between the glass layers. A heavy and expensive piece of glass!