Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
Acrylic Skylight Repair and Retrofit Is Part of a Facility Upgrade.
The 470,000-square-foot North Valley Tech Center was acquired by Global Pacific in 2014. Global Pacific sees the property at Interstate 25 and East 84th Avenue as a future redevelopment site, but is currently upgrading the facility.
The seven acrylic barrel vault skylights and thirty one acrylic dome skylights suffer from a number of problems:
- Sealants have degraded.
- Gaskets have degraded to the point of failure.
- The outer acrylic skylight lenses have become brittle and faded.
- Some outer acrylic skylight lenses are cracked or warped.
What We Did:
The acrylic barrel vault skylights were replaced with new acrylic skylights.
Curbs were adjusted to create standard sizes in order to maintain lower costs.
Refurbishing the dome skylights is the low cost solution. We will:
Raise curbs—these skylights are set too low to deal with Colorado snow.
Wet seal the 31 acrylic dome skylights.
- Seven American Skylights 8′ X 20′ 5 Bay Barrel Vault Unit Skylights
- Thermally Broken Bronze / Clear Acrylic Glazing Mill Finish Frame Closed Vertical Ends Center Mullion Running Length
- Dow Corning 795 silicone structural sealant.