Removable Skin Technology – Extend Your Building Envelope Performance and Longevity!
SKYLIGHT SPECIALISTS, INC. RETROFIT SERVICE
- EXAMINE existing installation and site conditions.
- EVALUATE daylighting performance.
- INVESTIGATE the re-use of existing structures.
- RECOMMEND the optimal design solution.
- PROVIDE engineering expertise for difficult project conditions.
- MANUFACTURE a custom system with advanced technology.
- DEMOLISH and remove old system.
- PROFESSIONAL installation by factory trained installers.
- PROVIDE single source warranty.
BENEFITS OF A FIBERGLASS/ACRYLIC PANEL RETROFIT SYSTEM
- AVOID imminent structural failure resulting from degeneration of the original sandwich panel system.
- RESTORE the benefits of healthy daylighting.
- REMOVE potential risks of mold and bad odors.
- TRANSFORM a dark and gloomy area into a bright and appealing environment.
- OPTIMIZE daylighting and solar heat levels.
- ENJOY the beneficial blue spectrum of natural daylight in your space.
- GAIN energy savings with green technology.
- NO required maintenance or re-coating costs.
- INCREASE the facility’s property value
Silverthorne Recreation Center | Silverthorne, CO
THE CHALLENGE: The original fiberglass skylights had yellowed and showed signs of fiber-blooming on the exterior. And paint peeling from the aluminum extrusions. The poor light quality was making everyone feel unmotivated and nonproductive—the opposite effect desired at a rec center.
THE SOLUTION: The systems were replaced by CPI’s Quadwall® skylight system, resulting in a dramatically improved environment. The system provided the public and employees with all the benefits of natural light without glare and excessive heat gain.
SAS Institute | Cary, NC
THE CHALLENGE: The 19,000 sq. ft. ridge skylight over the main atrium was severely discolored and deteriorating, resulting in a dark and dingy workspace.
THE SOLUTION: The system was replaced by CPI’s Quadwall® skylight system, resulting in a dramatically improved work environment. The translucent glazing, with its matte finish, provides occupants with all of the benefits of natural light without glare and excessive heat gain.
Improved work environment promotes creativity and productivity:
Pete Flood – Construction Project Manager (SAS)