Product TypeNon structural system with multiple glazing options.
Dependent on engineered support structure. Nearly any size or shape.
NON-STRUCTURAL GLAZING SYSTEM FOR NEARLY ANY SIZE OR SHAPE STRUCTURE WITH MULTIPLE GLAZING OPTIONS.
THE SKYLIGHT SPECIALISTS, INC. MAGS BAR RETROFIT SERVICE
- EXAMINE existing installation and site conditions.
- EVALUATE daylighting performance.
- INVESTIGATE the re-use of existing structures.
- RECOMMEND the optimal design solution.
- PROVIDE engineering expertise for difficult project conditions.
- MANUFACTURE a custom system with advanced technology.
- DEMOLISH and remove old system.
- PROFESSIONAL installation by factory trained installers.
- PROVIDE single source warranty.
BENEFITS OF A MAGS BAR RETROFIT SYSTEM
- AVOID imminent structural failure resulting from degeneration of the original system.
- RESTORE the benefits of healthy daylighting.
- REMOVE potential risks of mold.
- TRANSFORM a dark and gloomy area into a bright and appealing environment.
- OPTIMIZE daylighting and solar heat levels.
- ENJOY the beneficial blue spectrum of natural daylight in your space.
- GAIN energy savings with green technology.
- NO required maintenance.
- INCREASE the facility’s property value
Bryant Univ — Koffler Rotunda | Smithfield RI
THE CHALLENGE: The acrylic glazing showed signs of aging including, crazing, gasket failure, and cracking or collapsing from snow loads.
A replacement was not viable after engineers determined that the building would not meet current seismic codes without alterations to the structure.
THE SOLUTION: Skylight Specialists, Inc own MAGS BAR system. The same engineers certified that the existing structure was adequate in holding the additional weight needed for a “re-skin”.
An increased rise in the dome improved snow loads dramatically.