50 Storm Damaged Skylights Replaced
In late July of 2013, we were contacted by Mr. Yaryan concerning a large number of storm damaged skylights and other damage that occurred at his residence during a significant weather event. His stated need was for a company that could oversee the project in its entirety. He also expressed his frustrations in previous projects with other companies where he felt the professionalism was less than desirable.
This property included his main residence and a well-designed, brick and mortar greenhouse. This large greenhouse, personally designed and built by Mr. Yaryan, had no less than forty-six 2’x 6’ VELUX skylights that had sustained substantial impact strikes during the storm. His other issues included damaged gutters, a large cupola and weather vane, as well as broken roof tiles and other various needs.
What We Did:
- We replaced 50 existing skylights on a tiled roof. In order to perform this work we had to remove all the roofing tiles first to avoid damage to the tiles and to insure a leak proof installation. This was the most efficient process and was completed as designed.
- Replaced roofing tiles as needed.
- Replaced cupola and weather vane with exact match product.
- Provided subcontract gutter repairs.
The Skylight Replacement
- For the greenhouse:
- (46) VELUX Custom FS C12 2099 89 LamHeatStr/TempClear . The glass is NOT low E coated.
- For the main house:
- (2) VELUX VSE C06 2004RS00 with RSH White roller blinds. (2) VELUX FS C06 2004RS00 with RSD White roller blinds.
- Provide correct daylighting for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs.