Replacing Domed Skylights With VELUX Neat Glass Skylights Is a Significant Upgrade.
The Holiday Inn Vail is situated in White River National Forest, and is a 9-minute drive from Beaver Creek Ski Resort. The hotel caters to families and skiers.
The owners wanted to bring a new look for their roof during the hotel’s renovation. Looking at replacements for the acrylic domes, they became interested in the new Velux Neat glass skylights. These sophisticated skylights offered a number of benefits:
- Sleek, modern appearance.
- Argon filled, double paned, lowE³ glass provides a significant improvement in heat gain/loss.
- Clear views without distortion.
- Clean, quiet, safe glass—water sheets off—dirt, bird poop, etc. don’t stick and are washed away—25% quiter than ordinary glass.
All at a lower cost than a like for like acrylic dome replacment. The decision was easy.
What We Did:
Removed and replaced domed skylights with custom sized Velux FCM (Fixed Curb Mount) skylights .
Skylight Specialists also had to act swiftly from the moment the call was taken to the completion of the work to insure the job could be completed before the early winter snowfall.
- (2) VELUX CFCM 32″ X 56″ Curb Mounted Neat Glass Skylights.
(20) VELUX CFCM 35″ X 74″ Curb Mounted Neat Glass Skylights.
- The job was completed quickly and efficiently prior to any bad weather.
- Ten year warranty against glass breakage by hail.
- Improved the daylighting and solar heat levels in the space.
- The owners will love the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increased the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs.