Mountain Plaza Condominiums.
The Mountain Plaza Condos are located In the heart of Copper Mountain Ski Resort’s Center Village, at the base of the American Eagle lift. The skylights on these units have reached their lifetime limit and are leaking. The management company in charge of maintenance covered them temporarily and started reaching out to see what were the best solutions.
It became evident that either a new skylight or new replacement glass was needed. The structure was in good shape and a re-glaze is less costly than a new skylight and the option that was chosen. However, to ensure a long term weatherproof condition, all the exterior caps are being replaced and the flashing, which was never installed correctly, is also being re-worked.
We Will Replace Glazing:
Remove existing skylight glazing and replace with new glazing, glazing caps and wet seal.
- The installation of the existing flashing does not provide access to glazing caps around the perimeter, therefore, fixing this problem will allow us to replace the glass now and in the future.
- Remove and replace glass, includes gasket inspection and renewal, if needed.
- New glazing caps with snap caps hide all fasteners and prevent any water penetration through those fasteners.
- A final silicone wet seal and a glass cleaning
- PPG Solarban R100
- 1/4″ Tempered over 1/4″ Heat Strengthened Laminated – 1″ Overall.
- Dow Corning 795 silicone structural sealant.
Re-Glaze and Re-Flash the Skylights.
Our crew has a nice flat roof to set up the tools necessary for cutting and bending metal.
Another portion of the job is to replace several window units.
A VSS Solar Fresh Air Skylight Integrates into the System.
With it’s ability to provide venting and its touch control remote, this skylight is a smart addition! Because of its low profile, it blends seamlessly with the roof line.