Available for work in Colorado and Coast to Coast — It all starts with a simple phone call.
How To Find An Expert Skylight Contractor To Repair Your Skylight
A homeowner in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL had a big skylight problem and wanted to find an expert skylight contractor.
She built this dream home herself in 1985 on the shores of the Atlantic. The award-winning home has a ridge skylight that highlights the entry, main staircase and central common area of the home.
The skylight, now over twenty years old needed some help. The glass had lost its seal and was fogged and unsightly. Her biggest problem? No one in her area had the expertise to perform the skylight repair properly.
And that’s where Skylight Specialists, Inc., an expert skylight contractor, came in.
- After an initial phone consultation, we had the homeowner send pictures and other data on her skylight.
- We evaluated her project and quoted her a preliminary price.
- Based upon the preliminary information she committed to a fee for the initial onsite inspection and evaluation.
- We measured all the glass while onsite during the preliminary site evaluation.
- Our preliminary reports were accurate and we provided a contract at the quoted price.
- We ultimately re-glazed the skylight, as the original framing was adequate and still had a decent life-span remaining.
- Safety glass that has reflective tint and insulated units with dual-seal technology.
- Dow Corning 795 silicone structural sealant.
- The skylight glass was replaced one piece at a time—reducing any exposure risk.
- The skylight was wet sealed—providing a long term leak proof condition.
- The owner was so satisfied that she had us return to repair her atrium skylight and the glass wall in her master bathroom.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- The owner loves the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space. Soft translucent light. Accurate color rendition.